As an athlete there are many benefits of regular sports massage. As an ultra-runner myself I’ve found it to be an essential part of my training and from my perspective it should be an integral part of everyone’s coaching.
What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage, also known as deep soft tissue massage or remedial massage, is a deep and firm massage; other techniques such as soft tissue release and trigger point release may be used as part of a treatment.
I usually start my session with a posture and mobility assessment and tailor then the treatment to your needs.
Based on my findings I can advise you after the treatment on any exercises needed to assist with your strength.
“According to the evidence “Strength training reduced sports injuries to less than 1/3 and overuse injuries could be almost halved” (Lauersen et al, 2013).”
Regular massages can be used to proactively manage stress in the body and be a pivitol part of keeping you performing at your best. I can provide post-session exercises and rehab movements based on the findings of any session.
- Stimulating the flow of blood and nutrients to your working muscles; this in turn reduces the risk of injury
- Creating a state of readiness in your muscles and tissues
- Helping your muscles to relax which increases joint mobility
- Enabling you to focus on your event or performance because your muscles are relaxed
- Improving circulation and reducing muscle tightness
- Reducing muscle fatigue and soreness
- Reducing swelling and promoting faster healing
What Services do I offer?
- Mobile sports massage in and around the Llangollen, Oswestry & Corwen area; other areas are available – travel costs apply based on mileage
- £30 per 30mins & £45 per 60mins
What will a Sports Massage Involve?
- Initial Consultation for Postural & Strength Assessment (A requirement for all first time clients)
- Sports Massage guided by the findings and client information provided
- Post treatment exercises or strenght work based on the treatment
I am also available to hire for Pre Event & Post Massage at Events - Contact me for more info on the above.
Payments via cards and Apple Pay via contactless are accepted.
I am fully insured and qualified and carry with me copies of my insurance and certification.